Praise the Lord! Thank you for taking the opportunity to visit us online. For over 200 years, we have been in existing serving God. We are grateful that you are interested in learning more about our church. Please feel free to navigate through our entire site. We’re hopeful that you will become more familiar with us and find the information you are looking for. We pray that God will bless you in a mighty way. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or need assistance.
Please see our Calendar for all scheduled events
COMING UP AT MOUNT ZION…
- January 22, 2018 6:00 pmSteward’s Prayer Meeting
- January 22, 2018 7:00 pmMass Choir Rehearsal
- January 24, 2018 12:00 pmMidweek Prayer & Bible Study
- January 24, 2018 7:00 pmPhone Conference Discipleship and Bible Study
The mission of the African Methodist Episcopal Church is to minister to the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and emotional, and environmental need of all people by spreading Christ’s liberating gospel through word and deed. At every level of the Connection and in every local church, the African Society, out of which the A. M. E. Church evolved: that is to seek out and save the lost, and serve the needy through a continuing program of:
- Preaching the gospel
- Feeding the hungry
- Clothing the naked
- Housing the homeless
- Cheering the fallen
- Providing jobs for the jobless
- Administering to the need of those in prisons, hospitals, nursing homes, asylums, and mental institutions, seniors citizen’ homes: caring for the sick, the shut-in, the mentally and socially disturbed, and
- Encouraging thrift and economic advancement
Established in 1814 the Mount Zion African Methodist Episcopal Church embraced a mission to minister to the Spiritual, Emotional, Intellectual, Physical and Environmental Needs of all People. It is our goal to continually embrace that mission as we make it our purpose to:
- We purpose to – Serve the spiritual needs of a diverse community.
- We purpose to – Be a resource center offering historical significance reflecting contributions made by this church and the surrounding community in the development of our country.
- We purpose to – Serve as an education-resource center in and for our community neighborhoods: Offering practical learning opportunities and life management training.
- We purpose to – Serve the community through ongoing coordination of a community food cupboard.
- We purpose to – Respond to our community neighborhoods through provision of social services. By confronting the needs of our community we promote a “Legacy of Hope” through our devotion, commitment, sacrifice, love and compassion.